Friday, May 29, 2009

Cross Stitch Factoids About Me

A few tidbits about me and my interest in cross stitch, just in case you're curious:

-- I live in the Raleigh, NC area. My LNS is The Lazy Daizy. Love them!

-- Fave thing about cross stitch: Working with all the different colors!

-- Fave subjects to cross stitch: Cats, quilts, four seasons themes. Seeing how this connects with my love of all things color?

-- Ultimate cross stitch goal: Finish at least one Paula Vaughn design (first stop: "Purr-fect Patterns"). Her work is one of the reasons I got hooked on cross stitch in the first place!

-- How I got started: My mom taught me. After an extended break while completing my education, I got back into cross stitch shortly after starting my first real job about ten years ago. Been going strong ever since.

-- Fave way to cross stitch: On the couch next to my Ott light, blanket and cat on my lap, with a 'comfort movie' (read: Pride and Prejudice, Chocolat, The Princess Bride, etc.) that I've seen a million times playing in the background.

-- I'm definitely a methodical (read: slow) stitcher. There isn't a project I've done that hasn't been a WISP (Work in Slow Progress). Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I always seem to choose huge projects with a million color changes? Darn that color addiction. :)

There you have it. A bit of insight into my world. Stitch On!

No comments:

Post a Comment